Hearty Sunday Lentil Soup With Lamb And SausageFrom FavoriteFixins 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups lentils shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 2 lg. carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1 lg. onion chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste shopping list
- 2 small (1/2 lb each), lamb shanks shopping list
- 1 cup dry red or white wine shopping list
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausages, browned in skillet and cut in 1 inch pieces shopping list
How to make it
- In dutch oven combine lentils, water, carrots, onion, garlic, salt, oreganoand pepper. Bring to boil: add lamb: cover and simmer 1 hour. Add wine and sausages: simmer 30 minutes or until all is tender and flavors are well blended. Remove lamb shanks: cut meat off bones: discard bones: add meat to soup. Heat through and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
The Rating1 people
Ooooh, this sounds SO good! I can't wait to try it. It must make a ton, though. I might cut it down a bit. Do you use canned lentils or dried?
I made this last night & everybody loved it. My mother, plus my sister & her son were over, so not too overwhelmed with leftovers (I was right, it does make a ton!). I just threw everything into the slow cooker & it came out great. Highly...more
Yummy & comforting - just what I needed, since I have a bad cold!
- Not added to any groups yet!