Wild Mushroom AranciniFrom ralphdunlop 5 years ago
- 1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 50g of butter shopping list
- a finely chopped onion shopping list
- 500g of carnaroli (or arborio) rice shopping list
- 200ml of white wine shopping list
- 25g of dried porcini mushrooms shopping list
- 200g of assorted, finely sliced, mushrooms shopping list
- 100g of butter in pieces shopping list
- 1.5 cup of grated parmesan shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 100g of flour shopping list
- 100g breadcrumbs shopping list
- 100g pesto shopping list
How to make it
- Place a pot of simmering chicken stock on the stove top. In a wide pan heat butter, add a finely chopped onion and saute until transparent – about a minute.
- Add carnaroli (or arborio) rice and stir until the grains are transparent – about two minutes. Add white wine and allow it to completely evaporate. Add two or three ladles of chicken stock, then stir. Add dried porcini mushrooms (soaked in water for a minute, then drained) and assorted, finely sliced, mushrooms.
- Add chicken stock a little at a time, waiting until it is absorbed before adding more, and stir. After 15 minutes (carnaroli rice takes longer than arborio) or so, add a couple of good pinches of salt and taste. It should still be a little chalky. Remove from heat, stir in butter in pieces and grated parmesan. Put the lid on and rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Once rissotto cool add extra parmesan cheese, and egg, bread crumbs and pesto. Mix thoroughly and shape the mixture into balls, dip in flour, egg, then breadcrumbs. Place on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a large, shallow saucepan over medium heat. Cook balls, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a rack. Place in oven to keep warm. Serve arancini balls warm. Plate the balls with tomato coulis, balsamic reduction and and basel leaf.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- ralphdunlop Perth, Western Austral
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookralphdunlop Perth, Western Austral
- Not added to any groups yet!