Granny's Old Time Apple PieFrom penley 5 years ago
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425*. prepare pastry for 8- inch Two- crust pie.
- Stir togather apple slices and brown sugar ; turn into pastry - lined pie pan. Top with butter or margarine and 3-tablespoons of the syrup.
- Cover with top crust which has slits cut in it ; seal and flute.
- Bake 15 minutes ; remove from oven.
- Make crisscross cuts about 1-inch apart through top crust and filling.
- Drizzle remaining syrup on top.
- Cover edge with 2-3-inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning ; bake 25- minutes longer.
- Serve warm and , if you wish , pour on additional syrup.
The Cookpenley Frazeysburg, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!