Sesame Shiitake Bok ChoyFrom FavoriteFixins 6 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 2-pound he bok choy, trimmed and thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps, (9 ounces with stems) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon oyster-flavored or oyster sauce, (see Note) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, (see Tip) shopping list
How to make it
- COOKING DIRECTIONS
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not browned, 30 seconds. Add bok choy and mushrooms; cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking, stirring often, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes more. Stir in oyster sauce, sesame oil and salt. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- RECIPE TIPS
- Note: Oyster sauce is a richly flavored condiment made from oysters and brine. Vegetarian oyster sauces substitute mushrooms for the oysters. Both can be found in large supermarkets or at Asian specialty markets.
- Tip: To toast sesame seeds: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!