Gluten Free Glazed Pumpkin CookiesFrom gypsyfinds 4 years ago
- * 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (1-1/3 cup rice flour, 1/3 cup corn flour, 1/3 cup tapioca flour, 1/4 cup sweet rice flour, 1/2 cup oat flour) shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon baking soda & 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon guar gum OR xanthan gum (If you are using a mix that contains xanthan or guar gum OMIT adding more gum) shopping list
- * 1/2 cup unsalted butter OR Spectrum All-vegetable shortening shopping list
- * 1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- * 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- * 1 egg shopping list
- * 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (don't use presweetened canned pumpkin pie mix) shopping list
- * 1/3 cup milk OR your favorite dairy free milk substitute NOTE: omit milk if using wet pumpkin shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- * I add handful of coconut, a big handful of carob, and a big handful of raisins shopping list
- * glaze Ingredients: shopping list
- * 1 cup confectioner's sugar shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon milk OR dairy free milk substitute (I used water) shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- * 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F / 190C
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, silicone pads or lightly grease.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and guar OR xanthan gum (if your mix does NOT contain gum.) Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and pumpkin puree and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Drop cookies by generous rounded teaspoons on prepared baking sheet.press down with sugared fork. Bake for about 12 minutes in preheated oven.
- While cookies are baking prepare glaze by whisking confectioner's sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl until smooth and glossy.
- Cool cookies for 1-2 minutes. Spoon or brush glaze on cookies. Yield- About 3 dozen cookies
- For larger cookies drop cookies on prepared baking sheet by using a rounded tablespoon and bake an addition 2-3 minutes or until the cookies are done.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- gypsyfinds The Berkshires, Massachusetts
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔