Linguine With Red Clam SauceFrom gabysegalla 2 years ago
- 1/2 box linguine shopping list
- 1 6oz can of clams shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- For sauce: shopping list
- 3-4 good size tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper (or red pepper flakes) shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped) shopping list
- 1 onion (chopped) shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic (diced) shopping list
- A Handful of fresh parsley (diced) shopping list
- A handful of fresh basil (diced) shopping list
- 1 tsp (ish) of sugar shopping list
- Any spices to taste shopping list
- Of course you could substitute plain ol' store bought sauce...it would make the texture heavier/thicker shopping list
How to make it
- Add the tomatoes and sugar to a saucepan and set to simmer.
- While the tomatoes are simmering, set up another saucepan on low heat with a good helping of olive oil.
- Dice up all of the veggies.
- Add the garlic and onion to the saucepan, and let them cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn up the heat to about medium and add the peppers and saute until they are softened enough for your liking (a few minutes - don't forget they will soften more after you add them to the sauce).
- Add this mixture to the tomatoes, along with the Basil and Parsley.
- At this point, the tomatoes should be cooked down to nearly the desired texture. Add the can of clams (with the juice!) and whatever spices you'd like to the sauce.
- Simmer for another 20 or so minutes (while you cook the linguine!).
- The longer you simmer the sauce, the stronger the taste. But it tastes great with a short cooktime as well.
- Serve this right away with some parmesan sprinkled on top!