Pot - Roast With Sour Cream GravyFrom penley 3 years ago
- 2 - tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 - teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 - teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2-1/2- pound beef chuck pot - roast shopping list
- 1 - tablespoon shorting shopping list
- 1/4 - cup water shopping list
- 1- tablespoon vinegar shopping list
- 1- teaspoon dill weed shopping list
- 5 - small potatoes , pared shopping list
- 5 - carrots , quartered shopping list
- 1 - pound zucchini , quartered shopping list
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt shopping list
- sour cream gravy ( BELOW ) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour , 1 tsp. salt and the pepper ; Coat meat with flour mixture.
- Melt shortening in a large skillet or Dutch oven ; brown meat.
- Add water and vinegar. Sprinkle dill weed over meat.
- Cover tightly and simmer about 3-hrs or until meat is tender.
- One hour before end of cooking time , add potatoes and carrots ; season with 1/2 tea. salt. Twenty minutes before end of cooking - time , add zucchini ; season with a 1/2- tea. salt
- SERVE WITH SOUR CREAM GRAVY ( BELOW )
- SOUR CREAM GRAVY : Place meat and vegetables on a warm platter. Pour drippings from pan into a bowl , leaving brown particles in the pan. Return 1 Tbsp. drippings to pan. Blend in 1 Tbsp flour.
- Cook over low heat , stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Measure drippings and add water to measure 1. cup liquid
- add this to the flour mixtue stirring constantly heat to boiling , boil and stir 1 minute season with salt and pepper .
- Stir in 1. cup dairy sour cream and 1. teaspoon dill weed ; heat -through. 2. cups
The Cookpenley Frazeysburg, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!