Grandma's Biscuits- "s" Shaped CookiesFrom FavoriteFixins 6 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 5 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup of olive oil or 8 oz. unsalted butter (at room temperature) shopping list
- 3 whole medium eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 6 drops of vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg for egg washing shopping list
How to make it
- The Dough
- Make a well with the flour, place in it and combine sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Mix all ingredients with the help of a fork and then using your hands knead to bring dough together.
- Do not over mix. Do not handle dough more than necessary.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Prepare pan cookie sheet greased and dusted with flour.
- The Biscuits
- Cut dough in 4 pieces and each pieces in 2 parts. Knead dough to make the piece of dough compact and shape each part into 1 ½ inch roll. Cut it into pieces to form small sticks about 4 inches long and ½ inch thick, place each piece into greased pans 2 inches apart and shape it to form an “S”.
- The Baking
- Beat 1 egg adding 1 tablespoon of water for the egg wash.
- With the help of a brush go over cookies with the egg wash and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cookies are golden color.