Strawberry Drink Mix Cookies - FrostedFrom jkirk 3 years ago
- Cookies: shopping list
- 1 Stick Butter shopping list
- 1 Cup Powered Strawberry Flavor Drink Mix + extra for coating shopping list
- 1/3 Cup Sugar shopping list
- 2 Eggs + 1 Egg Yoke shopping list
- ½ tsp. baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp. baking powder shopping list
- ¾ Cup Sour Cream shopping list
- 3 Cups Flour shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- ¼ Cup Shortening shopping list
- 2 Tbs. Butter shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. Vanilla shopping list
- 1 Tbs. water shopping list
- 1 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar shopping list
- Pinch of Salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cookie Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, strawberry flavored drink mix, and sugar together. Then beat in the eggs and Sour Cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder together, then incorporate this mix into the other ingredients.
- Refrigerate dough for about 3 hours to allow it to set up.
- Make dough into 24 separate balls, and roll the balls in additional powdered strawberry drink mix.
- Place the balls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, and press the balls down with the bottom of a drinking glass to about ¼ inch thickness.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a cooling rack, and allow them to completely cool before adding the frosting if desired. (Frosting Recipe Below)
- White Frosting Directions:
- In a mixing bowl, mix together ¼ Cup shortening, 2 Tbs. butter, 1/8 tsp. vanilla, and 1 Tbs. water. Then add 1 Cup confectioner’s sugar, and a pinch of salt. Mix with an electric mixer for 10 minutes.
The Cookjkirk Waupaca, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!