Stuffed PeppersFrom mbelisle 5 years ago
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef (10% fat or less) shopping list
- 1 cup cooked white rice shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen green peas shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp minced fresh basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh sage shopping list
- 4 green, red or yellow bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato puree or tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl combine the beef, rice, onion, peas, cheese, tomato paste, garlic, thyme, basil and sage.
- Loosely stuff the peppers with the mixture; stand them in a baking dish or casserole.
- Pour the tomato puree over the peppers; add enough water so that the liquid comes about one-fourth up the sides of the peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake, basting occasionally with juices, 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the peppers and rice are tender and the filling is completely cooked - about 20 minutes longer.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.