Scalloped Potatoes & HamFrom anj 3 years ago
- 3/4 c. butter, divided shopping list
- 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp. thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 6 c. milk shopping list
- 12 c. thinly sliced potatoes shopping list
- 3 c. fully cooked chopped ham shopping list
- 2 small onions, chopped very fine shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Melt 8 T. of the butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour, parsley, salt , thyme, & pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes.
- Combine ham, potatoes and onions.
- Put 1/2 of the potato mixture in the bottom of a 5 quart baking dish (I use the removable insert of my crock pot.) Top with 1/2 of the prepared sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and put in oven. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove from oven and dot with remaining butter. Return to oven and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!