Whacky Chocolate CakeFrom anj 6 years ago
- 3 c. sifted flour shopping list
- 2 c. granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 6 T. cocoa shopping list
- 2 tsp. vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 c. salad oil (this is from the original recipe - I use canola oil) shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 c. water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Measure and sift dry ingredients together three times and put in a large mixing bowl. (We sift between bowls and end with the larger mixing bowl then use the smaller bowl for mixing the wet ingredients.)
- Measure and mix the wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients with electric mixer on low speed, scraping bowl often. When mixed, increase speed to high and beat for 2 minutes or 600 strokes by hand. (Believe me, the hand strokes are a good workout!)
- Pour batter into a greased and floured pan and put in oven.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool then frost with frosting of choice.
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!