Pumpkin-Gingerbread Cake With Cream Cheese GlazeFrom gnocchi_dokey 6 years ago
Pumpkin gingerbread Cake
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil (or ½ c each oil & applesauce) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves shopping list
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
cream cheese Glaze
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Well-grease a bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil (or oil and applesauce), and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin.
- In medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in ginger, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, blend together cream cheese, sugar, flour and egg. Pour mixture into a pastry bag and fit with piping tip (or into a sandwich baggy; seal baggy and cut a small hole in one corner). Pipe cream cheese mixture around center of batter in bundt pan. Cover cream cheese mixture with second half of cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour and 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before unmolding onto platter and drizzling Cream Cheese Glaze over top.
For the glaze:
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in a microwave for 15 seconds. Drizzle spoonfuls over the cooled cake, re-heating in microwave in 10 second intervals if glaze cools too much to drizzle. (Alternatively, pour over top of cake, allowing glaze to run down sides as you go around the entire top circle.)
The Cookgnocchi_dokey San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!