Slow-cooked Pot Roast StroganoffFrom FavoriteFixins 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 3-lb chuck roast shopping list
- 1 tbsp shortening shopping list
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp caraway seeds shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat shortening in skillet and brown meat on all sides
- Combine other ingredients except last three in crock-pot and add browned meat.
- Cook on low for 8 hrs.
- Remove meat from cooker and keep warm.
- In saucepan, melt butter and add flour and 1/2 cup juices from cooker.. Blend, then add sour cream. Return to cooker and stir well.
- Pour sauce over meat
- Note: Serve over egg noodles, rice or alongside mashed potatoes and red cabbage!
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!