Banana PuddingFrom anj 4 years ago
- 3 large boxes instant vanilla pudding and pie filling shopping list
- 2 c. milk shopping list
- 3 8-oz pkg. cream cheese shopping list
- 3 cans sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 16-oz carton of frozen whipped topping shopping list
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies shopping list
- 1 bunch bananas (use as little or as much as you like), sliced shopping list
- 1 8-oz carton of frozen whipped topping shopping list
How to make it
- Note: the time for preparation doesn't include thawing whipped topping.
- Thaw frozen whipped topping and soften cream cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pudding mix with 2 c. milk, making sure there are no lumps. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the sweetened condensed milk with the cream cheese until smooth and lump free.
- Fold the pudding mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- By hand, fold the thawed whipped topping very gently into the pudding and cream cheese mixture.
- In a LARGE serving bowl (I use a glass bowl), layer the vanilla wafer cookies, sliced bananas, then the pudding mixture. Repeat layers until all the pudding mixture has been used.
- Top with the 8 oz. carton of thawed whipped topping. and spread to edges.
- Eat right away or chill until ready to serve. (I can never resist having some right away! (grin)
- NOTE: What I like about this recipe is that I can make it almost sugar free by using Cool Whip Sugar Free, sugar free pudding mix, and I can make a sweetened condensed milk substitute with Splenda or fructose (fructose doesn't create the huge spike in blood sugar that sucrose/cane or beet sugar does.).
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!