Pecan Nut Tart/pieFrom melliegirl 6 years ago
- Crust: (double the crust) shopping list
- Ready made short crust pastry shopping list
- or shopping list
- 150 g flour shopping list
- 30 ml Castor sugar shopping list
- 100 g butter shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- iced water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 200 ml golden syrup shopping list
- 150 g brown sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 45ml melted butter shopping list
- 3 tbsp flour shopping list
- 5ml vannilla essence shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup of pecan nuts for each tart shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat oven to 180 C
- For crust:
- Place the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl amd rub in butter untill mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and a bit of iced water to form a stiff dough.
- Do not over knead.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Roll pastry out on floured surface and line a greased pie dish (x2).
- Mix together all ingredients listed for the filling except the nuts. Pour half of the mixture into each of the lined pie dishes.
- Top with nuts.
- Bake for about 40 minutes (Depending on your oven) untill filling is set,
- Serve warm or cold with cream or vanilla ice cream
The Cookmelliegirl Ladysmith, South Africa
- Not added to any groups yet!