Scalloped PotatoesFrom mamato4 5 years ago
- 6 large potatoes shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped finely shopping list
- 6-8 sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup of flour shopping list
- 2 cups of milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- pinch of pepper shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar, sharp or swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Oven at 375 F.
- Peel potatoes, and slice thinly. Butter, or use PAM in a 9x13 dish.
- Make a nice layer of potatoes, onions and mushrooms. Repeat.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the flour, and cook for a quick minute. Add the milk and cook for a few minutes until it thickens and the sauce is smooth. Keep stirring. Add salt and pepper. Pour sauce over the potatoes and onions. Add the grated cheese on top and the paprika.
- Bake for one hour, make sure potatoes are cooked and cheese has a nice brown color.
- Nice accompaniment for chicken.
The Cookmamato4 Gananoque, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!