Grilled Cheese With Pickle And MustardFrom ethoits 6 years ago
- 2 slices good, sturdy bakery bread (I like sour dough or whole grain) shopping list
- Dijon stone ground mustard shopping list
- 3-4 thin slices of a big sour or dill pickle from the deli (occasionally if I'm craving this with no pickles on hand, a nice spicy relish works well too). pickles in a jar from the shelf really don't have as much flavor. Slicing your own deli pickle will be so much better. shopping list
- 2-4 slices cheese (I like swiss, provolone, munster or a combo) shopping list
- olive oil or butter shopping list
How to make it
- Spread the mustard on one side of both bread slices.
- Put half of your cheese on one slice of the bread (on the mustard-covered side)
- Arrange your pickles on top of the cheese.
- Arrange the remaining cheese on top of the pickle. Top with the other bread slice. Note: Pickle put directly on the bread with no cheese barrier makes for a slightly soggy sandwich. Also, pat the slices dry first with a towel.
- Heat oil or butter in a cast iron skillet (or frying pan). Cook the sandwich on medium to low heat until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted. If the heat is too high, the bread burns before the cheese gets a chance to melt.
- You can weight the sandwich with canned veggies or a press for a more panini-style grilled cheese.
The Cookethoits Manchester, N.H.
- Not added to any groups yet!