Chicken And Sweet Potato BakeFrom habsgirl 6 years ago
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin rounds shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 store bought rotisserie chicken, cut into chunks (dark and white meat) shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted shopping list
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 11/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and grated shopping list
- 11/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery, then sauté 5-6 min until they are a bit softened. Add salt and pepper, then stir in the chicken pieces. Cook 3-4 min until the mixture is warmed through, then transfer it to a baking dish.
- While the onions and carrots are cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook 2 min with stirring. Slowly add the broth with stirring and bring to a boil. Cook a few minutes until a thicker consistency is obtained, then pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and grate them using a large holed grater. Put them in a bowl, add the grated cheese and mix, then spread the mixture on top of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 30 min. For a nice golden-brown crust, turn on the top broiler for the last 2 min.
The Cookhabsgirl Kitchener, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!