Key Lime BarsFrom babsalaba 3 years ago
- For the shortbread base: shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar (or 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- For the custard: shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup key lime juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor process the butter, confectioner's sugar, flour and salt until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs and can hold together when pressed up against the side of the food processor bowl.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan and press down onto the bottom of the pan as evenly as possible. If necessary, flatten it with the flat blade of a sturdy spatula, smoothing it out.
- Bake the shortbread crust about 20 minutes, until it starts to turn golden.
- While the shortbread is baking, prepare the custard.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar. Stir in key lime juice and flour, mixing very well with a whisk.
- Pour the custard mixture over the hot shortbread.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F and bake until it is set, about 30 minutes.
- Let it cool completely in the pan, then sift some confectioner sugar over bars before cutting and serving.
The Cookbabsalaba Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!