Smothered Pork ChopsFrom essentialingredients 6 years ago
- 2 thick center cut pork chops (we like Iowa chops, of course) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 tblspn canola oil shopping list
- 1 carton cremini mushrooms (or white button), quartered shopping list
- 3 tblspns butter, divided shopping list
- 2 tblspns flour shopping list
- one envelope onion soup/dip mix shopping list
- about 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet.
- Cook about 4-5 minutes on each side to get them nicely browned.
- Remove chops from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 tblspn of the butter to the skillet and let melt.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat 5-6 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the pan.
- Add the remaining 2 tblspns butter to the pan and melt.
- Add the flour and stir into the butter; cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the onion soup mix and the beef broth.
- Cook and stir to allow the sauce to thicken. Once the sauce starts to thicken up, add the chops and mushrooms back to the skillet.
- Cover the skillet and cook over medium low heat 15 minutes or until done through (this will depend on the size of the chops).
- When the chops are cooked through, remove the lid and sprinkle the chops with the swiss cheese. Turn off the heat and let the cheese melt.
- Serve with the mushroom gravy poured over the top.
- Goes great with potatoes - of course!!
The Cookessentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!