Jicama-chocolate Shake - sugar-freeFrom celiac_ceahow_martine 3 years ago
- a blender shopping list
- 1 c already-frozen milk, a ~little~ bit defrosted (I pre-freeze 1 cup portions of milk in ziploc bags for use in various frozen-fruit-drink recipes) shopping list
- OR 1 c milk, refrigerated shopping list
- OR 1/2 c evaporated (canned) milk shopping list
- 2 T Walden Farms sugar-free chocolate syrup shopping list
- 1 T imitation vanilla shopping list
- 6 pkts sweetener (your choice) shopping list
- 4 oz fresh or roasted (then cooled) jicama, cut into small pieces shopping list
- crushed ice (1/2 cup if using frozen milk; 2 c if using liquid milk) shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the slightly-defrosted milk into a blender.
- Add the syrup, vanilla, sweetener, and jicama (in that order).
- Blend until contents are smooth, but the consistency is still thick.
- Add however much crushed ice you like to get it to the thickness you want.
The Cookceliac_ceahow_martine Newcastle, OK
The Rating2 people
Maybe it was HOW I made it... I used fresh jicama, and chocolate powder, stevia and some ice (I didn't have enough ice - and my milk was not frozen). I had to push myself to drink it.
Maybe you know the answer to this... but does CEA-HOW'...morevavskitchen in loved it
Perhaps if you strained it, the drink would be more palatable... However, more likely is that jicama is just not meant to be liquefied. Interesting idea though :)r0botluv in loved it