Honeyed Beef StewFrom gkwillow 3 years ago
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound lean beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes (or beef stew meat) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup carrots, cubed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and quickly brown the beef pieces on all sides. Place the onion, pepper, and carrots into the skillet and saute for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice, mustard, ketchup, water, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Cover and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Stir occasionally, and add more water as needed.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!