Autumn Leaves Carrot CakeFrom canned_food_fan 3 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) sliced carrots, drained shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, drained (reserve 1 tablespoon juice) shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark raisins shopping list
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Cook Time: Approximately 60 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8- or 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Mix the flour, sugar, pumpkin-pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mash the carrots with a fork or vegetable masher in a large bowl until almost smooth. Stir in the pineapple and reserved juice. Add the oil, eggs and egg yolk, and whisk until smooth. Stir the flour mixture into carrot mixture. Stir in the walnuts and raisins. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake until the cake is springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
- Servings: 9
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 480; Total fat 24g; Saturated fat 3.5g; Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 380mg; Carbohydrate 64g; Fiber 2g; Protein 5g
People Who Like This Dish 0
- canned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!