Bacon, Avocado, And Cheese Omelets With Tomato SalsaFrom twill10 6 years ago
- bacon, avocado, and cheese Omelets with tomato salsa shopping list
- This omelet is awesome and works as a great and filling breakfast or you can serve it as a dinner if you have a breakfast at dinner day. shopping list
- Ingredients - shopping list
- 2/3 Cup tomato (finely chopped seeded) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons red onion (finely chopped) shopping list
- 1 pickled or fresh jalapeno Chile (seeded and minced) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons fresh coriander (minced) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 Large eggs shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 Slices of lean bacon (cooked and crumbled) shopping list
- 1 Small avocado shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Monterey Jack (about 2 ounces, coarsely grated) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a small bowl stir together the tomato, the onion, the jalapeno, the coriander, the lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste until the salsa is combined well.
- 2. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, the water, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. In an 8-inch skillet, preferably non-stick, heat 1/2 tablespoon of the butter over moderately high heat until the foam subsides.
- 4. Pour in half of the egg mixture, tilting the skillet to spread the mixture evenly over the bottom.
- 5. Cook it for 1 minute, or until it is almost set.
- 6. Sprinkle half the omelet with half the bacon, half the avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces, and half the Monterey Jack cheese.
- 7. Cook the omelet for 1 minute, or until it is set.
- 8. Fold the omelet over the filling, transfer it to a plate, and keep it warm.
- Cooking Tip
- Store Bought Salsa
- If you are running out of time you can use store bought salsa instead of making your own.
- Cooking Tip
- Turkey Bacon
- If you are trying to watch your calories then you can substitute the bacon for turkey bacon which has a lot fewer calories than the typical pork bacon.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!