Stromboli With Whole Wheat DoughFrom virginiaisforfoodies 5 years ago
- For the crust shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water (not so hot as to kill yeast) shopping list
- 2 packets or 4 1/2 tsp of yeast (you can use a bit less if needed) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- For fillings shopping list
- marinara (or sauce of your choice) shopping list
- mozzarella cheese shopping list
- anything you like on pizza shopping list
How to make it
- Put the yeast and sugar in the warm (not hot) water and let sit for about 5 mins, or until it is foamy on top. If this doesn't happen your yeast is too old.
- Meanwhile, mix both types of flour together with salt.
- Mix olive oil in yeast mixture.
- Add yeast mixture to dry mixture.
- Stir until dough starts to form.
- Knead (I usually do this in the bowl because I'm lazy) until smooth.
- Let rise in a warm place covered with a damp kitchen towel for an hour.
- Punch down and divide into four balls.
- Knead one ball about 30 seconds, stretch out and finish by rolling into a plate sized rectangle. Repeat for each ball of dough.
- Fill with desired fillings on one half of the dough, staying away from the edge.
- Cover with the unfilled side of dough and bring the bottom edge up and on top of top crust. Seal well, pinching with fingers. Make sure corners are drawn up too, so they won't leak.
- Bake at 400 F for 15-20 mins.
The Cookvirginiaisforfoodies Richmond, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!