Gluten Free Pretzel RodsFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup millet flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow cornflour (not cornstarch) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp potato flour shopping list
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp guar gum shopping list
- 1 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp instant yeast shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking soda + a pot of water shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with the dough hook, whisk together flours, cornstarch, guar gum, salt, sugar and yeast.
- Add water and oil and mix until well combined.
- Knead with the mixer until the dough is fairly smooth and stiff, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover and let rest 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and generously grease 2-3 cookie sheets.
- Bring the baking soda and water to a boil.
- Turn out the dough onto an oiled work surface and divide into 12 pieces.
- Roll out each piece into a thin stick.
- Gently place 3-4 sticks at a time into the water and boil for 30-40 seconds.
- Move the sticks onto the sheet pan and generously crust with coarse salt.
- Place in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 350F.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, until hard and browned.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Good To Freeze130 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members