Indian-spiced Potatoes And SpinachFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½" chunks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1¾ teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- ? teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups frozen cut leaf spinach (from a bag) shopping list
- 2-4 tablespoons water shopping list
- ½ cup (4 ounces) plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan with ½ inch of water. Place the potatoes in the steamer and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are very tender. Drain the potatoes and transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Dry the saucepan.
- Heat the oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Add the spinach and 2 tablespoons of the water. Cover and cook, tossing gently (add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed), for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Place in a serving bowl. Spoon the yogurt on top and serve hot.
- Makes 4 servings
People Who Like This Dish 0
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!