Pigeon Peas Beef StewFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 lb fresh pigeon peas, shelled and rinsed or 15 Oz. cab of boiled pigeon peas shopping list
- 12 cups water pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 lb boneless beef for stew, cut in one-inch cubes shopping list
- 4 oz diced cooking ham shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 1 cubanel pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 tsp ground garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp capers shopping list
- 6 sprigs cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/3 cup green olives stuffed with peppers or onions, diced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups medium-grain white rice shopping list
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and cut in bite-size cubes shopping list
How to make it
- 1.If using canned pigeon peas, bring to a boil and save for later.
- 2.If using fresh pigeon peas, rinse, put in a large saucepan, add 8 cups of water the beef, & bring to a simmer, cook for about 30 minutes.
- 3.Add the diced cooked ham, stir & cook for 15 minutes more. While the peas, beef & ham mixture are in the last minutes of cooking set another pan.
- 4.In a large saucepan warm the vegetable oil at medium heat. Add the tomato, bell pepper, cubanel pepper & onion saute for a few minutes.
- 5.Stir, add all the remaining ingredients, saute for another minutes.
- 6.Add the sauteed mix to the peas, beef & ham mixture. If using canned peas, add the peas at this time.
- 7.Add 4 cups of water, the rice & cook for about 10 minutes
- 8.Add the potatoes, simmer until the rice & potatoes are cooked.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!