Vegetarian Barley Chili In The Crock PotFrom dancingfox 5 years ago
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cans kidney beans shopping list
- 3/4 cup pearled barley shopping list
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes (I like the italian-style kind) shopping list
- 2 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on medium-low for 6-8 hours.
- Add more salt and pepper, to taste
- Note: To convert to meat chili, brown one pound lean ground beef and add it to the crock pot with the rest. This will up the servings a bit, too.
The Cookdancingfox Butler, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!