French Gardener's StewFrom robynp 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup dry white beans shopping list
- 15 cups water, divided use shopping list
- 1 onion, unpeeled shopping list
- 2 whole cloves shopping list
- 4 carrots, scrubbed, trimmed and sliced - divided use shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided use shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed dried thyme, divided use shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary, divided use shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided use shopping list
- 2 turnips, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed and diced shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, chopped shopping list
- 1 leek (white and light green parts), cleaned and sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cabbage head, shredded shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry white beans and 5 cups water in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours; drain, leaving beans in pot. Stud onion with whole cloves; add cloved onion, 1 carrot, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover with another 5 cups of water and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours or until beans are tender. Drain, discarding whole cloves.
- Meanwhile, in another stockpot, combine turnips, potatoes, celery, remaining 3 carrots, leek, and cabbage in 1 cup water. Cook, covered, over low heat for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the drained bean mixture, the remaining 4 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Remove 4 cups of the vegetables and puree in a blender or food processor. Return to the pot and stir to mix well. Heat thoroughly. Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Makes 8 servings.
The Cookrobynp Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!