Mini Apple Pie Tarts With ChocolateFrom chefpriyanka 4 years ago
- Basic Pastry Dough: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 7 tbsp unsalted cubed (make sure its VERY cold) shopping list
- 6-8 tbsp COLD water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar shopping list
- spiced Apple Filling: shopping list
- 4 green apples- peeled and cubed small shopping list
- 2/3 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (fresh is so much better!) shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh orange zest shopping list
- pinch clove powder shopping list
- PAM Baking Flavor shopping list
- 3-4 bittersweet chocolate squares (I used Ghiradelli) shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp half & half (I used fatfree Land-o-Lakes) shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp warm water shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a food processor add the flour, salt and sugar and pulse until blended. Add the cubed butter and pulse until the butter chunks are small pea sized. While pulsing, slowly dribble in the cold water. Add enough water until the dough has turned into a rough mass.
- 2. Place dough mixture on a floured counter and form into a 1-2 inch thick disk. Wrap with plastic and place in the fridge for AT LEAST 2 hours.
- 3. In a bowl mixture together all the ingredients listed above. Place aside.
- For the Rest: http://chefpriyanka.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/mini-spiced-apple-tarts-with-chocolate/
The Cookchefpriyanka Staten Island, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!