Spiced Apple-walnut Cake With Cream Cheese IcingFrom cheffiona 6 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup shopping list
- 3 eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamom shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- icing shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 4 ounce cream cheese at room temperature shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water, plus extra, as needed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- 1. For the cake place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally butter and flour a 10-inch fluted tube or Bundt pan. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl mix together the apples, maple syrup, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- 3. In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- 4. In batches mix the dry ingredients into the apple mixture.
- 5. Stir in the walnuts.
- 6. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a cake tester or skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean, 55-60 minutes.
- 7. Cool for 15 minutes and invert onto a wire rack to cool completely about 1 hour.
- 1. In a food processor, combine the powdered sugar, heavy cream, cream cheese, 3 tablespoons water and vanilla.
- 2. Process until smooth, adding more water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the icing is pourable.
- 3. Spoon the icing over the cake and allow to set for 20 minutes before slicing.
The Cookcheffiona Las Vegas, Nevada
- Not added to any groups yet!