Island Chicken And RiceFrom exitmusic384 3 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts shopping list
- pinch, salt and peppers shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 400mL can unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander or Italian parsely shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup long grain rice shopping list
How to make it
- Remove all skin and fat from chicken if necessary. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, allspice, and ginger.
- In a large shallow Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat and brown chicken. Place chicken on plate - don't worry if it isn't fully cooked at this point.
- Add garlic and jalapeno to pan and sautee until garlic is golden.
- Add red pepper and rice.
- Stir in coconut milk and chicken stock, stirring to include the brown bits from the chicken on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to pan, reduce heat and simmer. Cover the pan and simmer about 25 minutes, turning the chicken once halfway through.
- Sprinkle with coriander and green onion and serve.