Penang Loh Bak (sausage Pork Roll)From Yinhomemade 4 years ago
- 500g pork mince (for vegetarian version, replace with yam grated finely) shopping list
- 1 piece bean curd sheets (cut into 6″ x 8″ rectangles) shopping list
- yam bean or water chestnuts (peel and grated finely) – I couldn’t find so I skip shopping list
- ½ carrot (peel and grated finely ) shopping list
- 1 onion (grated and finely chopped, drained) shopping list
- 1 cucumber/zucchini (optional) shopping list
- cooking oil for deep frying shopping list
- SEASONING: (To your taste) shopping list
- 1 tsp five-spice powder shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1-2 tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp of chicken stock granule (optional) shopping list
- 1 egg (lightly beaten) – omit if vegetarian version shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp corn flour or deep fried flour (enough to make the mixture starchy) shopping list
- Dash of pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine all the grated ingredients in a mixing bowl, add in seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- 2. Wipe bean curd skin with a clean damp cloth cut into rectangle sheets.
- 3. Spoon the mixture onto the bean sheet, fold the two sides to form a long roll and roll up tightly. Seal the edges with the water or egg mixture.
- 4. Heat up wok, pour in enough cooking oil and deep-fry the sausage rolls over medium heat until golden brown.
- 5. Drain on paper towels, slice into small pieces and serve with slices of cucumber/zucchini and dip with chili sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- Yinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!