Rice Stuffed Dijon SalmonFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- ½ cup short-grain rice shopping list
- ½ cup vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 tbsp vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 thinly sliced leeks shopping list
- 1 medium chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 lb diced white mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup packed baby spinach shopping list
- ¼ cup green peas shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 4 lb piece of salmon, boned shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice in vegetable broth for 15-20 minutes or until done. Pour into a bowl.
- Add vinegar and sugar and mix gently with a wooden spoon, do not bruise or mash the grains.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add leeks and carrots.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and peas and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Stir into rice.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF and line a roasting pan with foil.
- Open up salmon to lay flat, and season the flesh side with pepper.
- Spread rice mixture over half of the fish, then fold over. It will self seal.
- Place salmon in the roasting pan.
- Whisk together mustard, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil and brush over salmon skin.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes, basting with mustard mixture 2 more times as it bakes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Christmas All Year181 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Dairy Free110 members
Family Favourites134 members