Lemon Meringue PieFrom Lany3 6 years ago
- butter for greasing shopping list
- 1 sheet of pre-rolled shortcrust pastry shopping list
- 4 eggs, seperated shopping list
- 400g can of sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- grated zest and juice of 2 lemons shopping list
- 1 tbsp white rum shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 4 tbsp icing sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 180oC. grease a 26cm pie dish and line it with pastry. prick the base with a fork, cover with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. bake blind for 15mins then remove from the oven.
- meanwhile prepare the filling. in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk. stir in the lemon zest and juice and the rum.
- remove the beans and paper from the pastry case. pour in the filling, then smooth the surface with a spatula. bake for 15 mins, or until browned on top. leave to cool.
- to prepare the meringue, whisk the egg whites and salt in a large bowl. when they start to thicken, add the icing sugar and vanilla sugar, continue whisking until they form stiff peaks.
- preheat the grill. using a piping bag fitted with a fluted nozzle, cover the filling with small rosettes of meringue. put pie under hot grill for a few minutes, until the meringue is slightly golden, then leave to cool on a wire rack.......although i like to eat it while its nice and warm =)
The CookLany3 Melbourne, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!