Ginger Ale-can ChickenFrom frogggardner 6 years ago
- -2 (3-lb.) whole chickens shopping list
- -1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- -1/2 cup liquid steak seasoning shopping list
- -1 Tbsp. salt shopping list
- -1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- -2 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- -1 tsp. pepper shopping list
- -2 (12oz.) cans ginger ale shopping list
- -Garnishes, red leaf lettuce, green grapes, rosemary sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- -Remove giblets and necks, if nescessary. Rinse chickens with cold water, pat dry. Place each chicken in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- -Whisk together oil and next five ingredients. Pour over chickens. Seal bags and chill ,turning occasionally, 8 hrs. after removing chickens from marinade , discard the mirinade.
- -Using a can opener remove the lids from cans of gigner ale. Remove 1/4 of ginger ale from each can, and reserve for another use, leaving remaining ginger ale in can. In a lightly greased roasting pan, Place each chicken upright onto a ginger ale can , fitting can into cavity. Pull legs foward to form a tripod ,allowing chickens to stand upright.
- -Bake uncovered at 325 for 1 hour and 40 mins ,or untill a meat thermomter inserted into thigh reads 170o and chickens are golden brown. Let stand 10 mins. Romove cans before serving. Garnish if desired.
The Cookfrogggardner Oakland, Oklahoma
- Not added to any groups yet!