Berry CustardFrom LindseyB 6 years ago
- Pastry Cream shopping list
- * 1 1/4 cups half-and-half shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- * 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- * 4 medium strawberries shopping list
- * 1 small container (about 6 ounces) raspberries shopping list
- * 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam shopping list
- * Store-bought cookies (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- for the pastry cream:
- Bring the half-and-half and vanilla to a boil in a small saucepan. Meanwhile, combine the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl with a whisk.
- Add the flour to the yolks and mix it in well with the whisk.
- Pour the hot half-and-half into the yolk mixture and whisk it in.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan and bring it to a boil, whisking until it thickens.
- Boil for 10 seconds longer, remove from the heat, and cool.
- When ready to assemble the desserts, divide the cream among four 1/2-cup molds. (I didn't have molds so I used small bowls)
- Cut each strawberry lengthwise into 6 to 8 slices and stand the slices up all around the edge of the molds so the tips extend a little beyond the edge.
- Arrange a layer of raspberries on top of the cream in each mold inside the strawberry border.
- Heat the raspberry jam for about 10 seconds in a microwave if it is too firm to use as a glaze and coat the berries with the jam.
- Serve with cookies, if you like. (works well with vanilla wafers)
The CookLindseyB Lincoln, Nebraska
- Not added to any groups yet!