Creme Au Chocolat Glace Aka Rich Chocolate MousseFrom ttaaccoo 6 years ago
- 3 squares bitter chocolate (I use 6 Tablespoons Dutch cocoa + 2 T. butter) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 4 eggwhites shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon orange liqueur, kirsch, or Jamaican rum, or 2 teaspoons vanilla (I use the vanilla and the rum) shopping list
How to make it
- Put the chocolate and butter in a double boiler to melt.
- Beat the eggwhites until stiff, adding the cream tartar when foamy. When stiff, set aside
- Put 1/3 cup sugar and the 3 Tables. water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. While beating the eggs, pour the boiling syrup in a small stream and incorporate the syrup into the whites.(If using processor to beat whites, pour syrup thru the feed tube)
- Process the yolks and the 1/4 cup sugar for 30 seconds. Remove the cover and add the melted butter and chocolate and also the flavorings. Process just long enough to blend, less than 10 seconds. Gently add the beaten whites into the chocolate mixture, folding into the chocolate until they just disappear. (Processor mode: when the whites are atop the chocolate butter mix, turn the machine on and off 2 or 3 times-just 'til whites disappear. Divide into 4 small bowls and refrigerate. It will solidify quickly.
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!