Creamed Green Onion & Broccoli Soup Sans CheeseFrom gkwillow 2 years ago
- 1 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3-4 green onions, chopped (reserve some of the green for garnish) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups broccoli florets shopping list
- 1/4 tsp celery salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 11/2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add broccoli, broth, celery salt, and lemon pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Mash slightly with a potato masher or puree in a blender if you prefer.
- While broccoli is cooking, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan, stir in flour. Cook flour for a minute or so before slowly adding milk. Stir until thick and bubbly, and add to soup. Simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with the tops of green onion.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- gkwillow Illinois, US
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgkwillow Illinois, US
- Not added to any groups yet!