Potato-parmesan Pancakes With Creamed Spinach DipFrom twill10 4 years ago
- Potato-Parmesan Pancakes with Creamed spinach Dip shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled shopping list
- 3 large russet or idaho potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (about 3 ounces) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, then mashed to paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley, for garnish shopping list
- Creamed spinach Dip shopping list
- Preheat oven to 200°F. shopping list
- Place 2 nonstick baking sheets in oven. shopping list
How to make it
- Potato-Parmesan Pancakes with Creamed Spinach Dip (continued)
- Using box grater or food processor fitted with grating disc, coarsely grate onion and place in colander set in sink.
- Coarsely grate potatoes, add to colander, and set aside to drain.
- In large mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Whisk in flour, then stir in cheese and garlic.
- Press potatoes and onion to extract as much liquid as possible, then add to egg/flour mixture.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using wooden spoon or hands, mix well, but do not overwork.
- In heavy-bottomed, 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter until hot but not smoking.
- Drop 4 scant 1/4-cup portions of batter into pan and flatten with spatula to form four 3-inch pancakes.
- Fry until bottoms are golden-brown, 4 to 5 minutes, then turn over and fry until golden-brown and crisp, an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain; season immediately with salt and pepper. Keep warm on baking sheets in oven while making remaining pancakes.
- Using paper towels, carefully wipe out pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter and fry 4 more pancakes. Repeat with remaining batter, wiping out pan and adding 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter before each batch. Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve pancakes hot with Creamed Spinach Dip.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!