White GingerbreadFrom goodeat 3 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely grated shopping list
- fresh ginger shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 ounce crystallized ginger, shopping list
- chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon turbinado or shopping list
- granulated sugar shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 11-by-7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla, ground and fresh ginger, and cardamom.
- 3. Sift together flour and baking powder. Add to butter mixture and beat well. Scrape into prepared pan. Sprinkle crystallized ginger pieces over batter.
- 4. Combine turbinado sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter. Bake 25 to 35 minutes. The cake will be chewy, golden and fragrant and an inserted toothpick will test clean. Serves 10.
- Variation: Place thin slices of a peeled apple over cake, along with crystallized ginger, before sprinkling with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.