Gingerbread CookiesFrom tlbnitz 5 years ago
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, with mixer at slow speed, beat flour, sugar, butter, molasses, egg, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, working with half of the dough at a time, roll 1/8 inch thick.
- With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into shapes. Using a metal spatula or pancake turner, place cookies 1/2 inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Reroll trimmings and continue to cut shapes.
- Bake 8 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
The Cooktlbnitz Someplace, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!