Snowy Chocolate CupcakesFrom chefpriyanka 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp All Purpose flour shopping list
- 2 oz (2 squares) bittersweet chocolate (I used Ghiradelli 70% Cacao Bar) shopping list
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Ghiradelli Brand) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 cup (2 tbsp) Softened unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 Large egg (at room temperature) shopping list
- 1/4 Granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/6 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup Homemade buttermilk (or store-bought) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- PAM Baking Flavor shopping list
- 1/2 sweetened coconut flakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups Dark chocolate frosting (recipe Below) shopping list
- 4 tbsp Melted unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Ghiradelli Brand) shopping list
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate melted (I used Ghiradelli 70% Cacao Bar) shopping list
- 3 cups Confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 3-4 tbsp Milk (I used skim plus) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- 1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup cupcake sheet with PAM and place liners in each cup. Set aside. Melt the chocolate squares in the microwave and set aside to cool a bit. Meanwhile in large bowl beat together softened butter, brown and white sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined well about 2 minutes. Using a spatula stir in the melted chocolate.
- 3. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa. In a small bowl combine buttermilk and vanilla- set aside.
- 4. With the mixer on low, add in about 1/3 of the flour mixture and blend well. Then add about 1/3 of the buttermilk mixture and blend well. Continue adding the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, alternating and mixing well between each addition. Scrape sides of bowl with the spatula. DO NOT OVER MIX. Pour about 2 hefty tbsp of mixture into each cup. Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove and cool before frosting.
- Frosting: 1. In a large bowl combine melted butter and cocoa. Add the melted chocolate. Mix well until lumps are smooth. Using a hand mixer beat in confectioner’s sugar and 2-3 tbsp of milk. Beat until thick and creamy- I like my frosting really thick because it’s easier to pipe that way. However, you can add more or less milk depending on your desired consistency.
- 2. Place frosting into a piping bag with a medium round tip, or cut off a small corner of a big ziplock bag. Pipe into swirls on the cooled cupcakes. Top with a generous amount of sweetened coconut and serve!
The Cookchefpriyanka Staten Island, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!