Yangshuo Style EggplantFrom sbhardin 4 years ago
- 1/2 lb Asian eggplant (1 large) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger (a 1- by 1/2-inch piece) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fermented black beans, rinsed well shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 2 scallions, white and green part cut into 3-inch lengths and thinly sliced lengthwise shopping list
How to make it
- •Cut eggplant crosswise into 3-inch lengths, then halve pieces lengthwise. Cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- •Heat wok over high heat until it smokes. Add oil, swirling pan to heat evenly, then add eggplant and stir-fry, spreading slices around bottom and sides of wok to help brown until eggplant is softened and browned on the edges, about 2 minute. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then add chile paste and fermented black beans and stir-fry 30 seconds more. Add water, oyster sauce, and soy sauce and stir-fry until eggplant is coated with a thickened sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Add scallions and stir-fry 30 seconds more.
The Cooksbhardin Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!