Cherry - Cranberry Holiday CakeFrom dugger 4 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1 box devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups water shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- FILLING & TOPPING shopping list
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry-cranberry or cherry pie filling shopping list
- 3/4 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 10 x 15 x 1 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Line with parchment paper and spray paper. See Photo
- Fix the cake mix per box instructions and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center.
- Remove from the pan and invert on a cooling rack. Remove parchment paper. Cool for 15 minutes. See Photo
- In a small bowl, combine pie filling and 1/2 tsp of almond extract, mix well. See Photo
- Cut cake in HALF, CROSSWISE, to form two 10 x 7 inch (or thereabouts)layers. Place one cake layer on serving platter and spread pie filling mixture over the top. Add remaining cake layer. See Photo
- Stir remaining 1/4 tsp of almond extract into the whipped topping. Spread mixture over the top and sides of the cake See Photo. Garnish the top with maraschino cherries if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.