Grilled Fontina, Mushroom And Sage SandwichesFrom youngt2 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter, 2 melted shopping list
- 1/2 pound(s) mushrooms, cut into thin slices shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh sage, or 1 1/4 teaspoons dried sage shopping list
- 8 slice(s) from a large round loaf of country-style bread, or other bread shopping list
- 1/2 pound(s) fontina, grated (about 2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over moderate heat. Add the mushrooms, salt, pepper, and dried sage, if using, and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the fresh sage, if using. Put the mushrooms in a bowl and wipe out the pan.
- Using a pastry brush, coat one side of 4 slices of the bread with half of the melted butter. Put them, buttered-side down, on a work surface. Top the bread with the cheese and then the mushrooms. Cover with the remaining 4 slices of bread; brush the tops with the remaining melted butter.
- Heat the frying pan over moderately low heat. Add the sandwiches and cook, turning once, until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Wine Recommendation: A crisp, dry, Italian white, such as Soave, Frascati, or pinot grigio will refresh your mouth after every bite of this flavorful sandwich.
The Cookyoungt2 Harrodsburg, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!