Yummy French Onion SoupFrom emileenelson2009 4 years ago
- 1 loaf of French bread shopping list
- 1 large red onion shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of onion gravy powder shopping list
- 3 cups of beef broth shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups of water shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of garlic salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- peel and half onions, then slice thinly in half ring shapes
- melt butter in a soup pot over medium
- add the onions and saute until they are caramelized approx. 20 minutes
- add flour and onion soup mix, stir until completely incorporated
- add the beef broth, water, and Worcestershire sauce
- add the garlic salt
- add the parsley flakes, but first crush them up with your fingers
- let boil for 20 minutes
- after the soup has finished boiling, add salt and pepper to taste
- turn the broiler on in your stove
- in an oven safe bowl put a slice of french bread, or croutons, and then ladle the soup on top. put a piece of cheese over the soup and put the bowl on a pan and into the oven.
- keep a close watch on your soup and take it out just as the cheese starts bubble and turn golden. BE CAREFUL and don't burn yourself.
- I suggest putting the bowl of soup into another shallow bowl or plate, because the bowl will be very hot.
The Cookemileenelson2009 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!