Ground Turkey, Red Bean & Apple "chili" SoupFrom gkwillow 6 years ago
- 1 pound ground turkey shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 sweet bell pepper (you choose the color) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can hot chili beans (or just drained and rinsed red beans, if you prefer) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan or soup kettle, cook the sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients except beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans; simmer an additional 10 minutes.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!